“Will you accept this rose?” The question has been asked several times. The successful ABC franchise will be doing something new after 16 years. Having a powerful, African-American woman lead the upcoming season. ABC was so excited about the announcement that it was announced midseason while on The Bachelor. What’s the big deal? Read these 5 reasons why you need to watch Rachel Lindsay on The Bachelorette.
- It’s History. It was surprising to learn about the casting selection was history until was discovered its history. As much as we love and represent #BlackGirlMagic, what’s up with the misrepresentation? And 16 years? Yes, this is all the more reason to have watch parties to celebrate her moment.
- Beauty and Brains. This 31-year old personal injury attorney from Dallas, Texas is a force to be reckoned with on her own. What does she bring to the table? Definitely bosses at the seat of her table.
- Eyecandy. With beauty and brains will be a great selection of men vying for Rachel’s dream. This is is the Fantasy Football of Love. Smart, charismatic, a few comedians, the dramatic one, (you name it) will be all together giving us something to talk about.
- We LOVE Love. Who doesn’t love romance? We can relate to Rachel: confident, successful, beautiful, but missing the piece of the puzzle is in the romance department. Even if we found the bae sprinkling the salt (lovingly #saltbae), we know how agonizing that can feel at times.
- It’s HERstory. Although it is tradition for a man to wife, it’s also empowering for a woman to knows what she wants and making strides to do so. Wedding bells may not necessarily happen, but if anything it’s a great social experiment to watch #inreallife. Rachel Lindsay with many of former Bachelorette are looking for love, allows us to envision how it can be to actually choose a mate on screen.
Let’s support the hopeful romantic Rachel as the show premiers on ABC May 22nd. Check your local listings for more details.