Living in a big city can be super depressing when it comes to S.A.D. (Single Awareness Day) aka Valentine’s Day. Trust me, I am single in LA, I know. However, I am here to show you how to make the most out of being single on lover’s day. There are so many things you can do, rather you want to have fun and do a crazy singles party or just go to a museum alone. My top ten list of things to do are going to motivate and prepare you for 2017’s annual Single Awareness day.
- Have a single’s mixer. This is the best thing to do especially in a big city. People are alone but are still looking to be with someone on this day. Get dressed up, invite all of your single friends and let everyone mingle. You could even have some sort of speed dating hour. Board games could also be played. You might even be able to say that you were Cupid if any new couples come out of the party.
- Have an ex BURN party. This is for you single people who are still hurt and are not ready to move on quite yet. Having a party like this can be therapeutic because it will allow you to get rid of everything that reminds you of the ex that has hurt you.
- Find a party for singles at a local bar. Normally bars will have events directed towards the singles in the city. Valentine’s is a big money maker for businesses. Some of them include a kissing booth, adult toy giveaways along with other fun events.
- Give back to your community. If you want to give back on Single Awareness Day, you can do the Cupid’s Undies Run. This is held in numerous cities throughout the US to help raise awareness for the Children’s Tumor Foundation to end Neurofibromatosis. Who wouldn’t want to run around in their undies to raise money for a good cause, right?
- Take a cooking class. Let’s face it that might be one of the reasons why some of us are still single. Take a class to learn or to brush up on cooking so you will be able to celebrate Valentine’s like everyone else next year, as a couple.
- Hit the shooting range. Channel your inner Angela Bassett, Rhianna or Angelina Jolie and go shoot off some rounds. This can help you release some frustration and make you feel empowered.
- Pamper day at the spa. Grab your other single ladies or go alone and get treated like the Queen you are. Get a facial, massage, manicure and pedicure. It will relax you and make you feel amazing. Get your hair done. Look fabulous. When you look good you feel good.
- Have a staycation. Book a suite at a nice hotel. Bring some chocolates, strawberries, and champagne. Order room service. Hop into a bubble bath with a good book and turn off your cell phone. Enjoy the peaceful night.
- Go to a wine tasting. You can do this alone or with your single girlfriends. Find a local winery and get lit.
- Shopping anyone? Take yourself on a little shopping spree. What woman doesn’t like to shop? Shopping cheers everyone up. It’s good for the soul. Plus you will be working out while walking from store to store. You will kill two birds with one stone, tone up and get a new wardrobe.
I will end by saying buy yourself something nice, treat yourself, or pamper yourself. We all deserve it. It’s your day. Be the Queen that you are.