I love fashion, dressing up and feeling my personal best. After becoming a full-time corporate worker, wife, and, mom I found it challenging to dedicate time to my work wardrobe. I really noticed a drastic change in my attire after having my daughter. It went from, “girl I love your style” to “comfy over cute.” Here, I have captured some ways to include style and functionality, to spice up your professional wardrobe.
- Find one piece of clothing that inspires you and build around it. It can be one of your best fitting pair of slacks or a fashionable shirt.
- Jewelry can add an extra flair to clothing. Try adding a statement piece to solid a dress.
- A tailored fitted blazer is a must for every working woman. Blazers can add a clean and chic look to an outfit when worn with slacks or dresses.
- A shoe that pops will add extra spice to a wardrobe. Do you consistently wear all black shoes to work? Adding colorful shoes will make a big difference to the total look of your outfit. Try odd colors such as pink or green.
- Play with prints. Patterns and prints are my all time favorite to wear. Try adding a skirt with animal print to a solid colored shirt
- Scarf it up. In Florida, we don’t wear scarves much because of the warm weather, but they are a great addition to work attire in the winter.
- An over the knee form-fitting dress is a great quick and chic look. Make sure you stay within your works dress code and buy your dress to fit over your knees.
- Pumps and more pumps. Instead of opting for flats, find a pair of comfortable low heels.
- Pencil skirts, an easy addition to your closet beyond the everyday slacks.
- Have fun. Step outside of your routine. Don’t be afraid to experiment with new pieces. It’s easy to grab the same clothes you wear on a daily versus the skirt you haven’t worn in two months.
- Make an effort to organize your clothes on a Sunday before the start of a workweek. Not only will you be fabulous at work, you will spend less time in the mornings trying to figure out what to wear.
Written by: Johnnita Bros
Financial Analyst | Lifestyle Blogger
Connect with me @lilykyi on Instagram – Facebook – Twitter – Google+