I don’t know about you, but I work out to feel good and look better, but my biggest problem is I don’t always remember to bring everything I need. This ends up making my gym time not that enjoyable or skipping my workout all together. Here are some essentials that every single wife and happy wife needs to have:
- Water Bottle: To me this is the most important item to have. You always have to keep your body hydrated.
- Wipes and Deodorant: No matter what time of the day you work out, if you’re unable to take a shower immediately after, these items will allow to quickly freshen up.
- Facial Cleanser: Using a facial cleanser will help to prevent breakout.
- Healthy snack: It is very important to fuel your body within 30 minutes of your workout.
- Lip Balm: This is easy, who likes dry lips during or even after a workout? Applying lip balm before and after will ensure your lips stay hydrated.
- Appropriate shoes: Depending on your workout it’s a true necessity to have the proper shoes (running, kickboxing, yoga, etc.). If you are not sure the type of shoe you should have, just purchase a cross-training shoe. You can wear them for most fitness activities.
- Towel: I suggest you pack two towels. One to wipe your face during your workout and one to wipe off equipment after you use it.
- Music: This is optional. For me this is a necessity at the gym. I need to listen to music to get me through my work out on the treadmill.
- Heart rate monitor: Using a monitor helps you trach more accurately when your heart rate is high enough to benefit the most from your workout.
- Cute Workout Outfit: I put this one last because it’s my favorite. I believe in the motto “When you look and feel good, you perform better!” As Bey would say “I’m feeling myself!” Just because you’re working out doesn’t mean you can’t look cute. So, make sure you pack a workout outfit that makes feel comfortable and confident.
Making sure you have these 10 essentials will help you say good-bye to skipping the gym. As always remember your fitness journey is a lifestyle change not a diet. Always, strive to be your best, mind, body, and soul.
Written By: Tiffani Casurra, Exercise Physiologist & Health/Fitness Coach